Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Benetint, Posietint & High Beam - reviews and swatches

Hi ladies


I took a break for a few days (not that I'm going to kid myself that anybody noticed). Today I'm back with a review, as the title suggests of the Benefit lip and cheek tints and high beam.


As you can see I have miniature sizes of 3 of their famous products. I went a bit crazy when they were released with Glamour mag last year (and I did the same this time with their primers). I think they look so teeny and cute but as we all know it's not what's on the outside but the inside that matters (errrrr yes I cringed typing that too).

Prices and what they say


  • Benetint (12.5ml) - £24.50
Our original rose-tinted stain is kiss-proof, see-through colour for lips & cheeks that lasts for hours. Naturally sheer & sexy on all complexions...it’s innocent yet provocative.
  • Posietint (12.5ml) - £24.50
This kiss of see-through poppy-pink tint brightens cheeks & lips. Liquid-gel formula blends to just-picked perfection on all complexions and lasts for hours.
  • High beam (13ml) - £18.50
Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter or delicately blend all over your complexion. Looks perfectly radiant on all skintones. It's the "supermodel in a bottle"!

What I've got to say about it...

 To be honest the reason I have so much of it left despite only being 4ml is because I rarely use it. After spending time putting my base down carefully the thought of making a mistake with this tint on my cheeks fills me with dread! I'm conscious about blusher at the best of times even normal powder blush so the thought of a tint which is harder to fix leaves me with palpitations (exaggerating much?). 



Posietint

I thought I would start with the one I dislike the most, as the kids say 'First the worst'. Posietint is more a gel based formula and I found this incredibly hard to blend in. You can barely see it in the pictures (this may have been the 1038274th photo I took this morning and I could not for the life of me get a decent picture) but in reality despite blending straight away it just left pink splodges on my cheek. I tried with my fingers, my sigma f84 and my MAC paddle brush style foundation brush but it just wouldn't blend out. 

On the lips it barely shows up, however bear in mind I have very pigmented lips and I'm sure it would look pretty on fair skin. On the top right picture I have benetint on one side and posietint on the other and the side that looks like it has nothing on it is the posietint.

Benetint

This shows up on my skin and gives a cute tint to the cheeks. However, I tend to stay away from adding anything reddish to my cheeks as I have a very very minor case of what looks like rosacea (self diagnosed). I hate spending time concealing redness just to then add a red tint. I much prefer the formula of this compared to the posietint, it's more watery and therefore easier to blend.

On the lips it also gives a nice tint but I need to make sure my lips are in a good condition as being a tint it could dry it out.


High beam

I don't find that it shows up on my skin as much as I hoped it would. Today when applying for the sake of this review however, I put more than I would and I found it showed up better. The only problem with this is that it becomes harder to blend in and vigorously rubbing it in I find affects the make up underneath.

Summary

I'm glad I managed to get these free with Glamour mag (Well I bought the mag especially for the products so in essence got the magazine for free) as they are nice to have in my collection and after this review I think I will make more use out of my benetint and high beam. I would not however repurchase them although they are good value for money as you need very little.

What do you think of these ladies? What is your favourite tint and highlight?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I genuinely think it comes down to skintone. I imagine it's super cute on fair skin :)

      Delete
  2. My favourite is posietint. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex! Shows how much of a difference skin tone makes with reviews. I imagine it's lovely on fair skin :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Mez, I think you'll find that I did notice your break! Api also has a mini version of high beam I think and she put it on her cheeks once and it looked really really nice, however I'm sure you can probably guess it didn't work out the same for me! Post soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)