I have had lots of requests to do some recipes and it is long overdue! (Sorry BBB ladies). I thought I would start with this scrumptious chicken and cheesy fried concoction!
Before I begin I'm sorry there are no exact measurements and that the measurements I do have will result in a MOUTAIN LOAD so please half or quarter any measurements. We stock up and freeze them so we can use them for a few months! I could have reduced the ingredients myself but then it would not correspond with the pictures. Just to give you an idea of how much you can make with this recipe...
- 2lb chicken breast cubed
- 2lb potato - diced
- 2lb peppers - diced
- 2lb sweetcorn
- Bread - we used 5 packets.
- Grated cheddar cheese OR philadelphia - we used 360g of cheddar cheese.
All the spices below should be added to your personal taste
- Ginger and Garlic paste
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander (optional - we didn't use it due to a fussy eating brother although I guess everything is optional)
- To make the glue, use water and plain flour so it makes a thick paste
Method for making the filling
- Boil the potatoes
- Boil the chicken in green chilli, salt, turmeric and the Garlic/Ginger paste.
- Put the peppers, potato and sweetcorn in a frying pan with a bit of oil. Add the cumin seeds, turmeric, salt and green chilli. Simmer till peppers are soft.
- Mix it all together and take off the heat
- Add the optional coriander and the cheese.
|This is the filling and the bread packets ready to be used.|
Method of assembling
Cut off the edges of the bread (darn that pesky bit I left) and using a rolling pin completely flatten out the bread and then cut it in half. (You can blitz up the bread edges to make breadcrumbs for a future cooking endeavour). Then fill the bread with a spoon of the mixture and use your finger to close up the sides using the flour glue.
These are the little pockets you should end up with.
Deep fry it up and Ta daaaa - crispy, cheesy goodness with a cup of tea. Aaaaahhhh...
If you try this do let me know. I will be uploading a few more recipes that have been requested so those only interested in beauty...HANG IN THERE! If there's a way to improve these recipe posts, be sure to let me know below.
Tilll next time...Toodles! :)