Thursday, 12 July 2012

YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation - Review + before & after photos

Hi ladies

I know I've been promising to do this post for ages but now the long awaited foundation has officially released, I decided it's time to get on with it.

So the foundation is priced at £28 which personally is less than even this frugal person was expecting. Considering the original Touche Eclat is £25, the foundation only costs £3 more but hey I'm not complaining!



Darn those pesky missing bottles!

Pictures provided by my lovely cousin who was impressed enough to buy! As you can see the foundation comes complete with its own pump.

What they say...

Twenty years after the launch of the iconic Touche Éclat, Yves Saint Laurent adopts a leading edge technology that transposes the magic of this legendary highlighter into a foundation to achieve the same illuminating result for the entire face. Yves Saint Laurent introduces LE TEINT TOUCHE ÉCLAT. A bold, unique formula to target shadowy areas and define contours. A magic light infused within a weightless fluid. A texture that has no mask-like effect. A formula free of opaque powders that evens the complexion and erases imperfections, enhancing the face’s natural features.

Shades

The foundation comes in 22 shades I believe with colours ranging from 10 to 90 within 3 different undertones.
  • B = Beige i.e. neutral
  • BR = Beige Rose i.e. pink undertones
  • BD = Beige Dore i.e. golden/warmer undertones which is what I am.

Professional screen capture

What I have to say...

Before the foundation released for sale, YSL counters across the nation (I make it sound like an epidemic) were handing out little 7 day samples and this is what I will be basing my review on. I was originally matched with BD60 which turned out too dark once I got home so I went back for the lighter BD50 shade. Upon first application BD50 seems way too light but then it completely blends in.


I like my foundations extremely light (in texture, not colour. That is not a good look) with a really dewy finish. My Holy Grail foundation till date has been the MAC face & body which in my eyes is tinted water. It gives hardly any coverage so I put lots of concealer underneath but I love the glowy effect. As you can imagine I was very excited when I heard YSL were releasing this foundation as it seems to be right up my street and after testing it out I'm glad to say I was right. It gives the dewy result I want, however, unlike the Touche Eclat concealer/highlighter (which I have never been tempted by due to it's lack of coverage/purpose IMO) the foundation had more coverage than I was expecting. I'm not talking EL double wear/MAC studio fix here but definitely more than I was expecting.

Summary

I like it. I really like it. I was almost tempted to buy it had it not been for the masses of foundations I already own that never get used! Having said that I still haven't decided whether I prefer this or the MAC face & body. Maybe if I ever decide I'll get up a comparison post for you?

Did you ladies get a sample? What do you think?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mez! I might have to sample this! Also my shu shu has been dispatched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol i'm such a bad influence on you!

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing this isn't very good for oily skins? I know you've got dry but do you think it would suit? (Before I make a trip to town!) Ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks Julie! Hmmm depends how oily I guess. My cousin has combination to oily and with a bit of powder she's good to go but if you're use to matte foundations and have oily skin I'd probably stay away x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)