Tuesday, 9 October 2012

My lip liner collection - mini reviews and lip swatches.

Hi ladies

I have 10 coloured lip liners. It doesn't sound like a lot but when you consider the fact that I never use them (usually a lipstick alone as I don't have bleeding issues or small lips) it is quite a lot. Doing this post I realised how nice some of my liners look all over the lip on top of some balm so I'm hoping they'll get more use that way. So off we go...

I won't discuss the ELF lip lock pencil in this post as I still don't know if it works & I can't swatch it as it's colourless.

From top to bottom:
LA colours - P518 Auburn
INIKA - 03 Sugar Plum
Clinique - 28 Cocoa Rose (I can't use this as it doesn't twist up)
NYX - 810 Natural
Avon glimmerstick - Red Brick
Rimmel lasting finish 1000 kisses - 061 Wine
Rimmel lasting finish 1000 kisses - 050 Tiramisu
Rimmel lasting finish 1000 kisses - 011 Spice
Myface cosmetics - Medium Beige
Kiko cosmetics - 208

From left to right
LA colours - P518 Auburn
INIKA - 03 Sugar Plum
Clinique - 28 Cocoa Rose
NYX - 810 Natural
Avon glimmerstick - Red Brick
Rimmel lasting finish 1000 kisses - 061 Wine
Rimmel lasting finish 1000 kisses - 050 Tiramisu
Rimmel lasting finish 1000 kisses - 011 Spice
Myface cosmetics - Medium Beige
Kiko cosmetics - 208


As you can see I have a nice variety of colours from nudes to dark purple. Some are extremely pigmented & creamy but all in all there aren't any in the collection that are horrendously drying. I chose a few for lip swatches so you get an idea of how they look because as I always say *enter product name* aren't made for hand swatches.


This was the first time I tried this liner. I don't actually do nudes but this doesn't look concealer nude so maybe I'll use it when I do heavy eye work (I probably won't).

I was really impressed with how pigmented and creamy this liner was. I don't have a lipstick in this shade so hopefully this will get more use. I did find however that it had a sort of frosty finish.

I'm trying to decide whether I need this or I can put it up on my blog sale. Although it is visible in the picture when I looked in the mirror it matched my lips so perfectly that I couldn't barely see it so potentially a bit too natural?

The only thing I own from KIKO that I bought from Stratford Westfield at the bargain price of £1. Not sure how much it is full price but it wasn't expensive. I think the KIKO quality from what I've seen is fab for the price.

LA colours is actually fantastic from what little I've seen of it i.e. this & their polishes. I bought this from Beauty Base in Westfield for a quid! This Auburn colour is absolutely fantastic for Autumn/Winter and is creamy enough for all over the lip (ignore the state of my lips but I had been rubbing all the other colours off by this stage to be fair).
So that was my liner collection. My decluttering self is actually trying to see which ones I can shift over on BBS or pop on my blog sale as most have only been used once and I'm not likely to get enough use from them. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Hope you enjoyed this post.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

PS please check out my Blog Sale tab at the top of my blog just under the header. I would love to get rid of as much as I can.

23 comments:

  1. I have a 'thing' for lip liners too! I have the Inka one and love it!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup that's a pretty one. Hopefully I'll give it more use after this post :)

      Delete
  2. You're probably the only lady I know with that many lip liners! I think I own like 2?! Hahaha!!!!

    Good post, throughly reviewed. Awesome!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no way. There's bbloggers/youtubers out there with loads! I get them for so cheap so can't resist. Thank you for the lovely compliment :)

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to pick up a couple lip liners because I always get mad that my lipstick never seems to stay in place!

    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do a post on it when you do :)

      Delete
  4. That LA colours liner looks great on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. i'm a fan of how dark and 'vampy' it looks :)

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love using liners. See you are nearly at 100 followers! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeeek I know! So excited to be in triple figures :) x

      Delete
  6. Have you tried any of the MAC ones? I use one under my velvet teddy cos it's the perfect colour match but it is quite drying!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do you? Which one? I haven't tried any MAC myself. even the more 'expensive' ones from this list I either bought on sale or swapped for it. Lol typical eh? X

      Delete
  7. nice collection - I should really use lip liners more... I only have 2 colours atm :(
    really like rimmel in spice and the kiko one.. pretty!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those 2 are very nice indeed! I don't want to encourage you to buy more if 2 are enough Alex! ;)

      Delete
  8. Haha now that's what I call a collection! I only own one single lipliner which I don't even use. But using them with a gloss on top is a brilliant idea! Especially love the Nyx and Myface ones, the colours look great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for all your lovely comments x

      Delete
  9. I'm so jealous of your lips, they're so lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also wish I had yummy full lips like yours, mine are tiny so I think lipstick looks crummy on me!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look amazing on you! Wish I had lips like yours, masha'Allah!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sal! You leave such lovely comments. Much appreciated :) x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)