Sunday, 27 October 2013

NYX collection.

Hi ladies

Back in the summer I went to IMATS and got a little excited by the NYX stand. I have heard lots about the brand and went armed with a list of shades and products I wanted to try. Annoyingly they didn't have some of the most popular shades but I still managed to get a few things which I thought I'd share with you.



NYX round lipstick - Fig (£4)
This is something I bought for a friend because I thought this sort of bright pink was very her. The swatch she sent me showed it was quite a bit lighter than it looks in the bullet.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - £6
This smells gorgeous! I love the fruity scent and it is not sticky in the slightest. It feels light on the lips and gives a transparent colour.

Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk (£5)
This is quite the cult product!I am going to dedicate a whole review to this but in short it is very creamy, extremely pigmented and adds vibrancy to eye shadows. There was a time when this was one of the only brands doing these sorts of jumbo eye pencils but now they are everywhere. I might compare this with the collection version which is half the price.

NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base - £8
This has a very thin texture. It feel very different from other primers especially the UDPP. Due to the thin, watery texture I found it creased quite quickly. I haven't used it much but I might give this a more in depth review when I have a primer battle blog post.

Cream Blush - £5.50

I really like this cream blush -  I use it with a stippling brush, it has quite a firm texture and the pigmentation is spot on. This shade is very natural on medium-darker skin tones. Neither of the photos above are entirely accurate (annoyingly) but I'd describe it as a rosy brown.

Top to bottom -  gloss, cream blush, jumbo eye pencil, primer.
Overall, I would like to try more products from NYX. They have a huge selection of products and shades. I think women of colour would definitely find something to suit them. The prices are decent for the quality (having said that now there are even cheaper brands with good quality) and although NYX is hard to come by in the UK, they have a website to order from. Excitingly though news came out this month that Next stores now stock the brand! Time for swatches galore me thinks.

Have you ever tried anything from NYX?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. I really liked the jumbo eye pencils - my favorite was French Fry. Your post reminds me to go get another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually havent tried NYX before, but I am loving the colour of the first lipstick! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the jumbo pencil in milk!! I've been looking for it for so long, but it's always sold out grr

    You have some lovely things!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of NYX before (I'm so behind) but I really like the look of that cream blush!

    Love Daniela (Found you on UK Bloggers)
    Oh Ella Bella
    P.s. I'm having a Jewellery competition if you are interested in entering:
    http://ohellabella.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog.html

    Happy Halloween! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't actually tried NYX before, but those colours look beautiful!

    New follower :)
    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cream blushes look really nice. I like NYX products and they're really cheap too! X

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)