Saturday, 2 November 2013

La Roche-Posay skincare - Full routine for dry skin.

Hi ladies

Last December I blogged about the whole No7 skincare routine I hooked my cousin up with. After that finished, I was itching to introduce her to something else even though she was happy to stick to the No7. I decided to go with La Roche-Posay as Escentual had a 1/3 off French skincare offer and I had a discount code on top of that. One thing I discovered when I was researching the brand is that there are lots of reviews from oily skinned lasses out there, but not many from my fellow dry ladies so hopefully this will help. My cousin has been using it for a few months and unless stated otherwise, here are her views. 



Micellar Solution - £11.50
I use this with cotton wool when I have heavy make up on which isn't very often. I use it to remove my make up and will then follow up with the cleansing milk which I use as a face wash. It is cool, refreshing and has an amazing scent - if I was to describe it I'd say it was lemon water with some fresh meadow daisies (I should warn you my cousin is slightly weird).

Mez - I've given this a go and although I don't agree entirely with that scent description it definitely smells really nice and I found it works as well as other cleansing waters I have.

Physiological Cleansing Milk - £11.50
I have been using this to take my make up off with a cotton wool pad and it's great as a face wash. The scent again is amazing like the micellar solution but not as strong. It wipes off make up really quickly and works like a charm. I think this is the best product love it love it love it!

Mez - I tried this out as a face wash and felt it left a bit of a film on the skin. Having said that though it is designed to be used dry on a cotton wool pad. I sense it would work in a similar way to the organic surge cleansing lotion. Lightweight and great for dry skin.

Thermal Spring Water - £7.50
Refreshing spray that provides a boost of moisture and doesn't ruin make up, I don't use it unless it's necessary. I had it in my bag during summer, its expensive stuff so didn't want to waste it and I still have a lot left.

Mez - I have used face mists before but this was the first one I used in an aerosol can. It leaves such a fine mist on the skin. I'm not sure how necessary these spring waters are but this would be nice to freshen up in the hot, sticky summer days.

Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub - £10
I use the scrub twice a week - I feel I don't need to use it twice at all but I have this obsession with scrubbing off dead skin at least twice a week. It should come in a bigger size because I have to ration my uses. It's bitty enough and absolutely amazing for sensitive skin.

Mez - I was very impressed when I gave this a go. I was expecting it to not be scrubby enough for what I like but there were lots of tiny bits. I actually thought the bits were quite sharp so I'm surprised my cousin finds it works well for her sensitive skin. Personally though it's the type of scrub I love.

Hydraphase Intense Riche - £16.50
I used this as my daily moisturiser in the summer. It is light, easy to blend and left my skin soft and supple. I didn't have to worry bout the UV rays and it never dried out my dry skin. I don't think the scent is as nice as the solution and nutritic moisturiser.

Mez - Considering it is an spf, it is one of the lighter formulas. It doesn't leave the skin as greasy as other formulas. 

Nutritic Intense Riche - £16.50
My daily moisturiser for London weather and night cream. It's much thicker than the Hydraphase so a few more rubs to blend in, but again no complaints as I feel my skin has never dried out and it is a lot more hydrating than the hydraphase. I'd describe the scent as a light floral and I like to inhale the scent sometimes.

Mez - I actually felt the cream had a whipped lightweight texture. It has a nice scent and I found it was quite easy to rub in.

Hydraphase Intense Masque - £15.50
Due to the fact that my face is nicely hydrated with the daily stuff, I only use this roughly every 10 days. It's a nice light soothing mask and when you wipe it off, your face feels so soft and hydrated. I love it!

Mez - I haven't had the pleasure of trying this unfortunately.

Hydraphase Intense Eyes - £15
Like a gel, cooling sensation and feels nice after a long day on the PC. Only used at night as feels slightly sticky so didn't think it would be a good base for eye make up

Mez - A gel texture which feels quite tacky at first but once absorbed, feels smooth.

Summary - using all the products regularly for the past few months I haven't noticed a dry flake and my skin always feels hydrated and supple. I love this French range and I definitely recommend it to dry skin peeps who maybe don't drink as much water as they should be.

Mez's summary - I'm glad I got her to try out this range. The products are finishing up so I'm now looking onto what could be next. My cousin is actually happy to repurchase this but I want her to try Avene next so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

7 comments:

  1. Great review, I will have to get a few bits

    Shana
    xbeautybeatsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you never tried Avene, you should give it a go. I would really recommend it... and you can also get it on 3 for 2 offer sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this yet but after reading the review i think may be I should ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love la roche posay! wouldnt mind trying the intense eyes

    yukluistyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love French Skincare. It just seems better all round :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab review and I love the sound of Thermal Spring Water! Not heard of these or indeed Avenue for skincare, so will look forward to hearing all about that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love La roche-Posay, great for sensivite skin too. Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub is one of my favourite and Hydraphase Intense Eyes sounds fab too. I agree about the thermal water can, I don't find it especially necessary here but it's great for when I'm on holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I reply to each and every one :)