Sunday, 1 December 2013

GOSH CC cream Illuminating foundation.

Hi ladies

I have been meaning to review this bad boy for a while. I received it back in August with the rest of the GOSH A/W 2013 collection and have used it a lot since joining the world of work. These retail for £8.99 and are available at superdrug.


I was given the shades 03 Sand and 04 Natural. These are a decent match to my skin colour so kudos to whoever selected which ones to send from the 6 shades that are available. 03 is lighter and has a yellow undertone, whereas 04 is darker but has a pinkier undertone. By mixing the 2 I get the deeper colour I need but with the right undertone.

I really like the packaging for a number of reasons:

  1. The colour combination is eye catching
  2. It is all very hygienic with the squeezy tube and thin nozzle
  3. It is lightweight and thin making it perfect for popping in a make up bag/travelling.


Now onto the product. This is the perfect formula for my skin and is the perfect product for day to day application. High praise indeed. It is lightweight, easy to blend in and moisturising for my dehydrated skin. It adds moisture to the skin without being greasy as it is oil free. It contains SPF 10 which is good enough for me, so it protects a little without giving the white cast in flash photos. It is also illuminating which must be down to the light-reflecting pigments, although I hadn't noticed these pigments myself.

Overall, I really enjoy using this product. It gives pretty light coverage but if I'm going to wear anything on my face to work (I'll be honest it's moisturiser and pore minimising primers most days) it'll probably be this. It's a much runnier consistency to the GOSH BB cream which I also really liked. I'd recommend this to anyone with normal to dry/dehydrated skin that is looking for a product to even out skintone without too much coverage.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

PS I have a few more things from the GOSH A/W collection to review. Here's a peek.

6 comments:

  1. I like the sound of these Mez (especially the illuminating part). Those two colours look ideal for my skin tone - must swatch when I next visit Superdrug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great Mez! My local superdrug doesn't stock Gosh anymore (boooo) but I've heard such good things about them recently that I may just have to purchase some things online ;)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any product from Gosh yet but I have tried a lot of korean cc creams. Most of them have a really nice brightening effect. ^^ Anyway, this product sounds awesome, glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a GOSH face powder, but just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. So glad you got the right shades for your skin tone and that you like the product itself.

    Shall have to try my face powder now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just followed you sister and i will be lookingforward for your up coming reviews
    http://wardrobeofstylefashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)