Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Shopping for MAC lipsticks - Cosmo, Rebel & Party Line.

Hi ladies

It has been a helluva long time since I last blogged. It's been non-stop weddings for me plus the ol' 9 to 5 so I just haven't had the time. Anyway enough of that, now onto the post. A while ago I went shopping with my cousin who was looking for some new MAC lipsticks. I thought I'd show you what we ended up buying. FYI, MAC lipsticks have gone up to £15! I'm sure they were £12.50 at one point?



From left to right - Party Line, Rebel, Cosmo.
Don't these look just a little bit gorgeous? I love that these colours have a little bit of everything. A purple, a red and an everyday nude. In 3 colours we have a whole collection.  Voila!

I haven't heard much about Party Line (cremesheen) before, it seems to be the perfect red for beginners. It isn't very in your face but there's nothing stopping you from building it when you're feeling a bit daring.

Rebel (Satin) is quite the cult plum lipstick. It is fairly misleading in the bullet as I don't think it swatches as dark as you'd think. It is another lipstick that you can apply lightly by dabbing it onto your lips and then using your fingers to blend for a pinky stain or going all out for a statement lip.

Cosmo (amplified) looks like a nice nude for medium skintones. MAC describe it as 'pink coco' which seems pretty spot on. The swatches make it seem lighter than it is unfortunately but it is more of a warmer rosy pink.


Left to Right - Party Line, Rebel, Cosmo.


In short, my cousin said she really likes rebel and party line. She described them as nice bold colours, which are easy to apply and they are buildable which makes them good for day and evening. She also thinks they stay on well. 
 
However, although she thinks cosmo is a natural everyday colour,  it sadly does 'weird things' to her lips. She finds that it leaves the outside of her lips 'crumbly'. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the amplified finish but that's what she's found.

I hope you enjoyed my first post in 2 months. Make sure you leave a comment sharing your favourite MAC lipstick.

Till next time (hopefully not another 2 months)...Toodles! :)





6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Mez :)
    I've had reactions to some lip products (not MAC) but I think that is the lip plumping ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back! I love the Cosmo and party line lippy these are now on my list and rebel is a all time fave of mine anyway :) the lipstick prices went up some while ago :( luckily I get pro discount. Hope to see more of your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeee rebel it's my fav and Cosmo looks beaut! X
    Shana

    xbeautybeatsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just have so much going on finding the time to blog is hard, look at me, dissapeared fr six months, lol

    You have just made me want cosmo a lot!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9-5 is a killer! Glad to see you back. Now I want rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of these lipsticks look like fab shades but I really love Rebel :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)